Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Paul McCartney's new 2017 album ... what's really up?


The first tip of a new Paul McCartney album came last February in the UK Sun, which reported both the album and that he was working with Adele's producer Greg Kurstin. McCartney confirmed the news in a story in the Washington Post in July, saying "I’d like to get an album by next year." Then, in August, he told Rolling Stone, “I’ll put out my next album, but I won’t think I’m gonna sell a lot. I’m putting it out because I have songs that I like. And I will do my best job."

Here's how it stands now, as sources tell us: The album is timed for the summer with a single to be released in June. And he may preview some of the songs at his upcoming dates in Japan in late April. 

The most recent new music from McCartney, by the way, was the new song in October, "In the Blink of An Eye," from the soundtrack to the film "Ethel & Ernest."  

(Be sure to check out our That's What I Want Beatles store on Amazon. Great selection and stuff you won't believe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment