Friday, September 22, 2017

Freda Kelly recovering from heart surgery

Freda Kelly and Kathy McCabe, one of the producers
of "Good Ol' Freda" at a screening of the film
in San Francisco. (Photo by Steve Marinucci.)
Freda Kelly, who the world now knows from the superb documentary "Good Ol' Freda," is on the mend at home after undergoing heart surgery. This note was posted on her "Good Ol' Freda" Facebook page today.
A Message From Freda Kelly
Many thanks to all of you who sent get well wishes after my recent heart surgery. I am recovering well and your love and support meant so much to me. 
I want to tell all my good friends in Mexico City how sorry I am about the horrible earthquake that happened. I am thinking of you constantly and hope life returns to normal for you soon.
Lastly, it is with great sadness I tell you of the sudden passing of my dear friend Billy Hatton of the great Liverpool band The Fourmost. We were friends for 55 years and his sense of humor was impeccable! Billy came to see me several times while I was in hospital. I'll always be honoured that he appeared in 'Good Ol' Freda.'
Godspeed, Billy.
We send our love and wish Freda, one of our favorite people ever, a speedy recovery. You can also leave your best wishes, as we did, on her "Good Ol' Freda" Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment